Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Last Cold Day(s)?


How can it snow on the cusp of May? What strange, green place do I live in?

I fixed (spicy, always spicy!) Eggplant Parmesan for the boys. The Dogtor got the woodstove going for me. I'm alternating glasses of red wine with "tropical" green tea. The dogs tracked muddy prints onto the newly scrubbed floor; the cats are jostling for optimum stove position.

Fraybaby has croup - which sounds like something people got in the 1800s or on the Oregon Trail - and I worry that shortly we're all going to find wild fruit and die of dysentery. Soon I will send the Dogtor out to hunt sluggish bison and five-pixel squirrels.

Looking forward to the warmer days and a visit from my sister this weekend.

Photo Credit

1 comment:

  1. Would you like to risk an oxen and ford the stream?

    I take it you didn't want the pepperoni eggplants? Its so yummy! Cannot wait to see you guys. Hope the snow has melted and its nice and sunny for my visit!

    ReplyDelete