Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Renegade Chickens


Sudio, one of our barred rocks, made a break from the coop this week. A quick scan of the crime scene leads me to think she climbed up one of the homemade perches, said a prayer, and hoped for the best as she coasted over the electric fence. She's on the right side of the law now. Or was last time I checked.

I'm still working through Breadloaf, but am on a bit of a truancy spree - getting a baby and husband fix in yesterday. I'm headed out for a run and then back to the mountain...

Confession: I'm eager to get back to the quiet farm life. But something about the fall schedule looks not-so-quiet...

3 comments:

  1. Actually, what happened:

    Phil Collins was listening to his walkman walking down Route 7A "just say the word Ohhhh!! Sususudio!!" And there she went, back to the arms of her balding master.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say she fled to Miami :) Please tell me you've seen this episode of Dirty Jobs! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=badlt7ZkFqI

    forward to 1:30

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. does phil collins frequent vermont?

    2. chicken catchers - oh lord!! at least there's work to be found in Miami....

    ReplyDelete