Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Window Pain


I am short. The desk I use in the old veterinary clinic is high, because it was made for tall people. There is a window over the desk, which I closed yesterday when the storm hit. I tried to open it today, but FAILED. I put too much pressure on the glass pane and....crack. Busted. Shocked.

I looked down at my hand and realized I'd filleted my pointer and middle fingers. Blood, everywhere. I resolved to be rational. I sprinted out into the driveway and found OPA - the most rational being on the planet - arriving home from his surgery day at the clinic. I presented him with my maimed hand.

The competent veterinarian washed my cuts, applied ointment, and superglued my wounds. Then he bandaged my fingers. I never had to panic. Much.

But having a stroller to push, dinner to cook, and thousands of words to type...well, bandaged hands aren't ideal.

Onward, and thankful for medical professionals of ANY kind. Oh - and I really need to learn more about windows.

3 comments:

  1. You are going to be amazed at how many things it takes two hands to do -- typing foremost. Zippers and ziploc bags. walking the dog -- although you probably don't have to scoop. Simple things. I can't wait 'til my stitches come out . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Snaggles. That sounds painful. glad you had some calm Opa hands to assist with clean up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch! So glad that you had somebody close by to help. It's hard caring for a toddler when you're not in tip-top shape, eh? I'm sure diaper changes are interesting with bandaged hands. Hope you heal quickly!

    Lis

    ReplyDelete