Monday, September 13, 2010
September Farm Update
So what's new here at the farm?
1. I got chicken poop in my hair for the first time. (At least I think it was the first time.)
2. Two of the silkies are almost definitely roosters! Meaning we only have 3 potential egg layers. Also meaning that I've been forced to reconsider naming conventions at Miss Sophonsiba's Finishing School for Wicked Chicks.
Now, I give you George and Ridgely!
Wham! - reinvented, reincarnated as black silkie bantam roosters.
3. The Mayhew-Bergman raspberry patch is giving us a generous fall harvest. It's hard to come back with a basket full, though. Fray is a demanding berry eater. She attached herself to one of my legs while I was sorting through the thorny branches, demanding "More! More!" (and signing "please.")
When I didn't deliver fast enough, she ate a handful of dirt. If it tasted as horrible as it looked...
4. This came out of my mouth today: "No Frasier - do not hit the cats with salad tongs. Gentle petting. Gentle petting."
5. There is a really intimidating spider in my office window. (Cue: The Cure's Lullaby...Robert Smith is so pretty, right?)
Wham Photo Source