Sunday, September 19, 2010

Shiny Cars/Big Person Toys





I drug my parents to the Bennington Car Show in Pownal this weekend while they were in visiting us in Vermont. Like a fool, I forgot the stroller - so Pop Pop gets props for being an excellent Fray-sherpa. (Fray found a red Chevy with Elmo lounging in the rear window, but soon became distracted and started throwing gravel. Not a car-show-friendly activity.)

I stayed away from anyone dressed in period clothing, oohed and ahhed over insanely rich paint jobs, and dreamed of one day owning something rad like a brightly-colored 1957 Pontiac Safari Station Wagon.

The Dogtor still says I have to take a car shop class first. Putting it on the to do list.

1 comment:

  1. Drive their shiny Datsuns and Buicks...hosin and scrubbing as best they can in skirts and suuuits

    ReplyDelete