Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Why I'm Looking Forward to May


...because - ideally - I'll be done with my second pregnancy, and have a lovely little girl to show for it. The Dogtor and I are thrilled to be welcoming another little female darling around May 31.

Years ago, if you'd told me I'd be 20 weeks pregnant and taking 3 and 4 mile runs in the snow in 11 degree weather, I might have fainted. But I'm trudging on, determined to run until 25 weeks. (My original goal was 20, but I've still got something left. A very slow, stubborn something.)

Sometimes it's like doing the Running Man or jogging in sand - you put one foot down and slide, repeat. Most of the time I'm just glad I live in a rural place, because pregnant runners need frequent pit stops. That's about all I'll say on that topic.

I can no longer outrun the nasty Jack Russell terrier who lives on the hill and has an unfair camouflage advantage in the snow. He comes tearing through the orchard and out into the road and I kick gravel and snow and yell and generally look foolish while he tries to bite my ankles.

If you see me running, wave - I need the morale boost. Unless I'm behind a tree. Then you can pretend you don't see me. I'd appreciate that.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I am impressed. Snow, 11-degree temps, pregnancy, and having a toddler are each, by themselves, adequate excuses for me not to run. You go!

    And congrats on another little girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan, you kick butt! I was so proud of myself when I dug in my heels and ordered reinforcements, Smartwool socks and running mittens, this past weekend. But you put me to shame. I'm not pregnant and it isn't nearly 11 degrees here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! Congratulations!!! And you are officially a bad-ass. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you. These posts always make me smile and miss you and home in VT.

    ReplyDelete