- Zephyr is way sweet and has cheeks and a faux-hawk to die for.
- The Dogtor continues to be husband/father/gardener/veterinarian/pancake specialist/pool boy/ extraordinaire.
- New chicks are getting big.
- Discovered 3+ wild turkeys and 20+ chicks. Betsy Spaniel, aka Savage Spaniel, turned her head and missed them while they were 20 feet away in the back field. Thank God.
- The barn is full of baby swallows - and divebombing mamas and papas. This fact is not lost on the cats, who are hanging around underneath the nests like a bunch of thugs.
- The garden is mostly happy from all the rain - and suddenly I realize I need to get my act together and start putting up spinach. Why do I always miss the perfect baby spinach window?
- Pears are happening. Fingers crossed they make it to their delicious stage. Pear crisp! Pear and blue cheese salads!
Frasier, into plastic phone: "Oh Hi Gigi. Uh huh. Mhmm. Yeah. Okay." (Gigi is her 92 year old great -grandmother)
Me: "How's Gigi this morning, Frasier?"
While changing Zephyr in front of her:
Frasier: "Zephyr did a big poop?"
Me: "Yes. A big yellow poop."
Frasier: "Can I see it?"
Me: "I guess so." (shows diaper).
Frasier: "Don't eat that."
Me: "I won't. "
The rest I'll let the (impoverished cell phone camera) photo essay take care of. I never imagined this life, but I love it.