Monday, July 25, 2011

Food Hazards



I love the summer days when dinner involves looking at heaps of produce and figuring out how to make a dinner that uses the maximum number of garden ingredients....and doesn't taste exactly the same day after day.

Zucchini and cucumbers. Cucumbers and zucchini.

Fray alternates between helping me, playing, and whining. The whining often occurs when she wants to listen to Raffi and I know that I literally can't stand another round of Baby Beluga or Mama Thinks I'm Growing. (see photograph where Frasier is dying of Raffi deprivation.)

Me: Are you playing with the Ipod? That is not your toy. That's Daddy's toy.
Frasier: But I don't want to listen to Michael Jacks.
Me: One day you will.
Frasier: I want Raffi.
Me: See? This song is called Smooth Criminal. Annie are you okay?
Frasier: NO ANNIE ARE YOU OKAY.
Me: DO NOT TOUCH THE IPOD.
Me: Will you tell us that you're okay...
Frasier: NO SINGING MAMA.
Me: I don't know...hoo...hoo
Frasier: NOOOOOO

I'm also constantly reminded that I need to clean and reclean the produce. Here's why:

1. Yesterday a tree frog jumped out of the lettuce and clung to the vitamin rack.

2. Last week I saw Monsieur Scootie Beags peeing on the oregano.

3. Cats. Cats being suspiciously still in the garden, as if they are concentrating.

4. Hens. The ladies nibble on the lettuce.

Anyway, not to discourage you from eating with us...

xo
MMB


1 comment: