Monday, October 24, 2011

Cider Weekend








Things that happened this weekend:
  • I wrestled with my vegetarian status and made pulled pork for house guests, in the spirit of a southern meal. Lots of inner dialogue. Could not bring myself to try more than a bite, but it smelled successful.
  • I made my first apple pie! Flaky crust and all. Sweet cream icecream.
  • House guests brought treats (good wine and Brooklyn cookies) and amazing conversation.
  • We hit an old orchard to supplement the apple supply we pulled from our own trees.
  • ~50 friends (including their progeny) came to the house to press cider - the upper floor of the barn was a traffic jam of Little Tyke cars, bouncing basketballs, etc.
  • We made ~36 gallons of cider and sent many to good homes.
  • Sunday was quiet - the Dogtor took beautiful pictures of the girls in the leaves.
xo
MMB

1 comment:

  1. Love the new fall pics! I want to tear into that pie. yum!!

    ReplyDelete