Thursday, January 26, 2012

Maximum Funkage


Initially, as vacation mode set in, I was excited about three things:

1 - Being warm
2 - Spending time with the girls
3 - Kool and the Gang - the band was scheduled to play the vet conference.

Here's how my vacation dreams were crushed:

The girls proceeded to get sicker than sick. Zephyr contracted stomach flu. Frasier came down with a heinous, hacking cough and an ear infection. Both were feverish. Neither slept well.

The Dogtor and I, confident that we could find a way to enjoy a mandatory early lights out (oh life in 1 room together!), brought head lamps and books. Well, in between managing vomit, poop, hacking coughs, and tantrums, I think I read Nabokov once from the light of the bathroom while sitting on questionably clean hotel carpet.

Oh. And Kool and the Gang played at 9PM. There was no way I was getting out of the quiet, dark hotel room. All I could do was sing "Cherish" and "Too Hot" to myself at the pool during the day.

**Bonus: How awesome is Kool here? And can I tell you how hard I struggle to sing along with that first line? It just doesn't work for me. I'm still devastated I missed the show.


No comments:

Post a Comment